We are very pleased to say that we are opening again with some important changes to prevent the spread of Covid-19!
Whilst Phoenix Gym has been closed, we have made numerous “extensive refurbishments” to both greatly improve the club training experience as well as comply with government legislation for re-opening safely.
These refurbishments include:
- Brand new changing rooms including showers, vanity units, benches and toilets. Plus, slightly increasing the size of the mens changing room and adding private changing cubicles in the ladies changing room.
- We now have a new touch-less speed gate system, using your personalised in app QR code for quick and easy and exit.
- We have new spacious, antibacterial lockers that just require a padlock to use. We also have smaller, convenient wallet/keys/phone lockers that also require a padlock.
- We have knocked out walls and a narrow corridor between training rooms to greatly increase the space to move around and exercise freely, plus we have also replaced the flooring throughout the entire gym.
- All our doors have the option to push or pull them open and closed via a foot plate so that you don’t have to use door handles and we have multiple hand sanitisers on entry to the club, in every training room, studio and changing rooms.
- We have purchased a mobile fogging machine which will be used regularly on all equipment and commonly used surfaces throughout the gym, which is onto of our usual cleaning procedures.
- Blue towel and sanitising sprays stations are located throughout the gym for you to wipe down equipment before and after use, ready for the next person.
- Face masks are optional but not mandatory for training within Phoenix Gym. We have moved all our equipment around and sufficiently spaced it out to meet government guidelines for social distancing. The new improvements have helped us achieve this greatly and where two metres can not be met we have protective screens.
- Rather that selling supplements behind reception, we now have a vending machine that takes both cash or card. This provides drinks, protein bars, healthy snacks as well convenient “ready to go” pre, intra and post workout supplements.
- Even our water fountain machine now has a foot pedal rather than a push button activation.
- We have installed extra extraction and air flow measures to meet government recommendations. This ensures that the air is replaced quickly and consistently.
- We have also replaced the lighting throughout the entire gym, added extra mirrors, speakers, blinds and health and safety features.
Other Info For You:
We will be using a booking system, which is available through the club member app which shows you how many people are within the gym, how many people are on their way as well as the maximum capacity.
This feature also shows you the busiest days and times during the week if you want to avoid the peak times. The booking system will mainly be necessary for the peak times to ensure that we maintain the necessary social distancing numbers within the club.
We have had a thorough deep clean and also anti-viral fogging on every surface within Phoenix Gym, which lasts up to 30 days by a specialist cleaning company.
We are also cleaning all touch points regularly, all the equipment gets cleaned every single day and we ask that all members wipe down the equipment before and after use. THIS VERY IMPORTANT…
New Covid-19 Gym Rules
Due to government legislation there are strict rules that gym members must follow, these are:
- Maintain social distancing of 2 metres apart.
- Always put your weights away and wipe the equipment you use down after use.
- This means no “spotting” or “sharing” equipment (AKA working in) with people that are not from the same household.
- You can use the changing facilities but avoid this if possible by coming to the gym already changed or showering at home.
- Wash your hands regularly and use the hand sanitisers regularly. To be super safe – in between equipment.
- The important rule to catch your sneeze or cough is especially important inside a building, then sanitise/wash.
- No gym towels are allowed, you must use the disposable blue roll and cleaning products provided.
We are currently not running any classes due to Covid-19 and will re-assess this every few weeks.
We are recommending that you join online prior to coming down to Phoenix although you can join after you have had a gym tour of course. If you have a smart phone then we can show you how to join online yourself to avoid sharing surfaces.
There is currently “No Joining Fee” JOIN HERE until 22:00 Monday the 10th August to make it quick and easy to re-join if you are a previous member. If you are new to Phoenix then you will save £15! 👍
Book a Gym Tour
If you would like a 1-2-1 tour to take a look around then just Contact Us Here and let us know that your would like to book in a gym tour.
See You Soon
We look forward to seeing you all soon and much love from Team Phoenix. 👍😍🏋️♀️🤸♀️